STEAM Education Seminar 2019 (May 31) - Free Admission
As STEAM Education has become a hot topic in the education field in recent years, we all understand the importance of STEAM Education in children. But are your children really familiar with STEAM? Apart from schools and learning centers, how can parents promote STEAM Education at home? What are the ways to cultivate children's interest in STEAM? Presented by Alex Brands, the STEAM Education Seminar 2019 will take place on May 31 at Lecture Hall of Hong Kong Science Museum. It's a free event for all parents of children aged 3-8!
STEAM Education Seminar 2019
Date: 31 May 2019 (Friday)
Time: 19:15 - 21:30
Address: Lecture Hall, Hong Kong Science Museum
Target: Parents of children aged 3-8 years old
Part 1 - Speaker: Monica Leung
- At what age should we start learning STEM?
- What is the purpose of learning STEAM? For knowledge, skills, or attitude? And what are children learning in STEAM?
- What is unplugged STEAM?
- Share hands-on experience as a mother: How can STEAM education start from home? How to inspire children's interest in STEAM from daily life?
- What are the differences between boys and girls in learning STEAM? What do parents need to pay attention to?
- What do parents need to learn? What changes need to be made in thinking? How to help children?
Part 2 - Speaker: Tony Chim
- STEAM education development in Hong Kong Schools and its advantages and inadequacies
- How do parents learn from each other?
- What are the qualities/skills required for talents in the 21st century/future?
- What is Computational Thinking?
- How to develop computer thinking and logical thinking skills in daily life.
- Does STEAM education help future careers?
- Trends of future companies (Any market for STEAM talents)?
- What is innovation? How to cultivate innovation?
- Share hands-on experience as a father