We recommend it to everyone, as we know it can improve the quality of life in many ways. Mindful Wing Chun is wholeheartedly committed to spreading the genuine essence of Wing Chun, as passed down by Master Chu Shong Tin in Hong Kong. Wing Chun is a kind of Chinese traditional martial arts that is designed for realistic self-defense and inner health.
At MWC, we strive to develop inner peace and stillness so that the highest potential of each individual can emerge through the vehicle of Wing Chun, meditation and contemplation/discussion. Our programmes take place within a non-competitive atmosphere where students are invited to accept themselves and each other non-judgmentally. We model and teach unconditional acceptance in all aspects of the students’ training. They are encouraged to do their best without feeling that they have to be the best in order to be accepted or appreciated.
By implementing and promoting such a wonderful and welcoming learning atmosphere, we aim to ensure that the following concepts are areas of growth in every student:
• Martial arts skills, with the intention to use such skills only for self-defence, protecting the weak and upholding justice
• Good manners, self-respect and self-discipline
• Comradeship and respect for other people
• Life skills and practical tools for effective and open communication – the ability to truly listen to the needs and feelings of others while assertively voicing their own
• Positive attitudes and enduring persistence
• Greater self-confidence and inner awareness of their emotions and thoughts
• Understanding and applying healthy lifestyle habits such as physical fitness and a knowledge of nutrition and basic anatomy
- 3- 12 years old
- $325 / 2 classes